Hartwell, GA


Image rotator
Archway Project

Best Small Town to Live in 2009 Georgia Magazine

Monday 08-Mar-21 12:28:12 UTC

Emergency Response Hartwell, GA
Hartwell Georgia
Hartwell Georgia



If you have a question that is not listed below, please contact us with your questions by clicking here.

Who picks up my garbage? The City of Hartwell picks up residential garbage Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.  The roll out containers must be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM on the day of your pick up, and removed from the curb by noon the following day.

The day of your pick up is based upon where you live in the City and we will gladly let you know the day of your pick if you provide us with your address.  This service is provided once a week.

What about my leaves and limbs?

The City of Hartwell also picks up yard clippings, grass clippings, leaves, and limbs.  Limbs must be cut into logs no longer than 4’ and 4” in diameter and weighing not more than 35 pounds. Leaves are picked up by machine from Oct through April. Leaves should not have rocks, sticks or trash in piles. Bagged leaves are picked up year around.

What about my household items?

If you have household items i.e. refrigerators, furniture, call City Hall between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM 706-376-4756 to schedule a pick up. There is a minimum charge of $35 per cubic yard. Fees must be paid by Wednesday at 4:30 PM. Loose items must be bundled, bagged or boxed. Doors must be removed from refrigerators, freezers, dryers or any closed containers. Pick up will be on Thursday and Friday between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. No grass clippings, tree limbs, leaves, soil or brush. No tires, motor oil, grease, paint, batteries, asbestos, hazardous waster or putrescible waste.

Where do I go to vote?

The voting location for Municipal elections for Mayor and Council Members is the Hart County Recreation Department located at 200 Clay Street, Hartwell, which is conducted by the Office of the Hart County Board of Elections & Registration.

The voting location for Hartwell City residents for the County, State, or Federal elections is also the Hart County Recreation Department.

Where do I receive my utilities?

The City of Hartwell provides Water, Sewer, and Natural Gas.  Electric service is provided primarily by Georgia Power. Telephone service is provided by Hart Communications and Cable and Internet are provided by Comcast or Hart Communications. You may pay your bill at city hall in person or at our drive through or online